FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sacramento International Airport Dropping TSA
Old Aug 12, 2012, 7:36 am
castrobenes

Originally Posted by halls120
The real reason you didn't respond is that you know that the rationale supporting the creation of TSA was and is a farce. Poor airside security wasn't the cause of 9/11, and you know it.
With all due respect, I think I am in a better position than you to address why I didn't respond.

This is irrelevant anyway. It is also true that 9/11 didn't happen because of the absence of a central federal organization determining airport security procedures that will be implemented by private screeners whose organization employer has a contract with the federal government to provide screening.

Because once you privatize security, innovation and efficiency would be possible.
Innovation and efficiency how? They have to follow the same SOP as every other airport.

The only thing your leadership wants is more control over passengers, because more control equates to more budget money.

And yet your management fights these arguments, because they don't want to lose their jobs.
SPP doesn't change the number of jobs at TSA HQ.

AIT happened because your former boss pushed for them, even though experts advised him that they have at best a 60% chance of detecting the items they are designed to detect. He did this, and his company now represents the contractor that supplies scanning equipment to TSA.

Your former boss is lining his own pockets thanks to the decisions he made as DHS Secretary. Imagine that.
AIT was still in the testing stage when Kip Hawley was in office. The decision to go with a nationwide implementation happened after he left office.

castro

Last edited by castrobenes; Aug 12, 2012 at 7:45 am