FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA TP Question
Thread: AA TP Question
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:36 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Short Final
However I have been finding that my tier points and avios have not been applying to my account. I checked the status of a claim I made via the BA website for a flight more than 7 days ago that I flew on an A F ticket and found it was rejected ? I have not received any more detail about the rejection.

My guess therefore is that I have to complete the final sector before AA will credit the TP and Avios.
You get the TP/Avios between 2 and 4 days after the flight. It will be 4 days if you have a late flight close to the daily posting update, so 3 days is the norm. It is based on each sector flown (i.e. after your boarding pass has been scanned at a a gate before boarding), not according to a whole PNR / locator / journey.

When there is a refusal showing in MMB, there normally is an email sent to the default email address of your BAEC, giving fractionally more information, but it is often says something superbly vague like "insufficient information to process claim". You cannot then re-enter the webform, since it says "you tried this already". At which point you either call or send in a general purpose webform complaint.

My experience, as an AA cardholder, is that what can happen is that an AA number can get automatically picked up, and even if the points don't actually end up with AA, this is sufficient to block the transfer to BA.

My tactic, therefore, is to never ever enter an AA number in the booking, so fill it in without logging in, and enter only the BA number in your unlogged in state. You can then only see the booking by using your first + last names, plus locator.