FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sacramento International Airport Dropping TSA
Old Aug 6, 2012, 4:42 pm
castrobenes

Originally Posted by halls120
The creation of TSA has proven to be one of the biggest mistakes we made in response to 9/11. Even those in Congress who once supported TSA now admit it was a mistake.

It is an indisputable fact that lax gate security was not the cause of the 9/11 hijackings. We established TSA in a fit of fear, creating an expensive and unnecessary federal workforce that provides no better security than the contract force it replaced. For example, the contract force at SFO routinely passes internal evaluations with a far higher score than any other "federalized" workforce.

What we have done by creating TSA is bring more felons into the federal government workforce, providing more opportunity for the criminal element to bribe airport security. Right now, DHS has more open investigations against TSA employees than against any other branch of the department.

To close out this trifecta of failure, we have increased the cost of flying and inconvenience to passengers through the massively ineffective Kabuki theater that TSA has established in every domestic airport. Complete with rude barking agents with chips on their shoulders who believe they have the right to abuse and humilate their fellow citizens under the color of law.

I suspect you see it differently, being as how you are a TSA employee, but it is what it is - you are a member of the single most despised part of the entire federal government.

Enjoy your day as you fondle grandmothers, the disabled, and toddlers.
I get that you don't like TSA and think I am a dirt bag for working for the organization. But all of that is non-responsive....

If every airport chose to privatize tomorrow, the screening process would stay the same. The TSOs are guaranteed jobs with the private contractor. TSA management and policies stay the same. AIT and pat-downs don't change.

castro