FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A thought about taking my son to the airport
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:59 pm
medic51vrf

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
Originally Posted by WillCAD
ALL are armed.
I always find comments like this interesting. Firearms are a tool of the trade for people who work in law enforcement and security.

When was the last time someone said "I was at a construction site the other day and ALL had hammers!"

Back when I was in the job I used to work security gigs on the side occasionally and when allowed. I refused to work unarmed. A firearm was just one of the many tools of the trade that I carried but it was one that HAD TO be there when/if I needed it. I was trained to respect and rely on it.

Once in awhile a client would say they didn't want me to carry a gun and when I asked why they would say something like "Well, I don't want you to shoot anyone." No kidding?!?! Guess what? I don't want me shooting anyone either, but the ONLY reason I will is to keep someone else from getting killed or seriously injured. So, the question you have to ask yourself is this: IF someone wants to take your life, or someone elses, do you want me to stand by and watch them or do you want me to stop them? Do you tell carpenters to leave their hammers at home too or do you hire professionals to do a job and trust them to do it because they know more about what they do than you do?

Not directed at the OP, BTW. Just a comment or two in general....