FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TATL Upgrades using Skymiles and SWUs on Air France/KLM
Old Aug 3, 2012, 9:55 am
vgb2001

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by brit44
Of note, unlike when booking on delta.com, when booking an itinerary with a domestic portion on airfrance.us (ex SAN/CDG through JFK), the domestic portion is not eligible for medallion upgrade. For medallions who want to upgrade the domestic portion but have to buy W/S on airfrance.us (because W not available on delta), I would recommend splitting the ticket in two: Buying the domestic portion on delta.com and the TATL portion on airfrance.us.

This has not been my experience. I had a ticket MEM-ATL-CDG-CPH and on the MEM-ATL portion I received a complimentary medallion upgrade.
Was this an AF stock? Then it could be something new then. For sure in the past, an AF-coded, AF stock ticket on a DL flight was not eligible for medallion upgrade. Perhaps they have sorted this out? It is true that now AF Flying Blue elite are eligible for upgrade as well, although low in the list... Great news. I will edit my post to link to yours. Thanks!