FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott reservations with cash + points (now live)
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:08 am
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BigE
I suppose Marriott was inviting abuse by posting a poorly though out and apparently meaningless "enhancement" in a forum with essentially anonymous posters. And, yes, I agree with the previous analysis. But I would have hoped Marriott elites would be more mature than this. Do people really act this way in person when things don't go their way? Do you scream at the check-in agent when they make a mistake? I doubt it.

If Marriott feels like they have a hostile audience here (those "a*holes" at FT), they might not bother to communicate with us at all. Maybe that's why they haven't replied.
1) No one is screaming. THIS IS SCREAMING!

2) This has everything to do with going our way, but not in the way that you imply. Ironically the new policy they are touting is going the way we have done this for years. Our complaint is about them coming on here and touting this as some great enhancement that we requested. Obviously they have no true understanding of their customers, because this is definitely not something that we have been asking for.

3) I am far from anonymous, they have my name, MR number, address, phone numbers, etc. as I have shared my NR number with MR Concierge previously and my username is identical to the one on Marriott Insider.

4) As far as them not communicating with us, Marriott is way ahead of you. We have been waiting a year for meaningful updates about BOGOs.