FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Premier Upgrade (GPU) Questions Thread [Archive]
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:54 am
allenkeys

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
Likely within a day or two. I have not reached 100K yet, but I exceeded 75K last week. The 2 RPUs were deposited into my account the very next day.

For us with a lot of flying each year,, particularly international flyers, better fly other airlines that are usually better than UA as much as you can, building credentials in another network, and postpone the UA flights to later in the year.
MODS - I reached the thread through search, and didn't notice until now it is in the pre-merger furum. Could this thread not be moved to the consolidated forum?

The reason for me asking is I will hit 1K on 7/31 and my return TATL is on 8/5. I am hoping to apply one of the GPU's to my return if I get them deposited in time.

I understand the logic of building up credentials on another carrier. However, I would likely have to do without the benefits such as priority check in, lounge access, prriority boarding, and of course E+ on UA so it kind of defeats the purpose. I could potentially request a status match to DL, or try the AA challenge, but am not sure I would retain status next year. Last year I only just achieved Plat on UA, and did nothing significant on other non *A carriers at that.

Last edited by allenkeys; Jul 25, 2012 at 7:52 am