FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Transferring To/From UA Flights at LHR T1" Thread [2012 and Onwards]
Old Jul 23, 2012, 3:11 am
IainC

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by OtleyFlyer
United may check the bag through, but on separate tickets BA may leave it in LHR. Their stated policy on non-OW tickets is only to interline where there is a single ticket combining the BA and non-BA bits. So it depends how quickly you want the bag. BA will eventually deliver it to Glasgow, but it might be a day late... It doesn't take much longer to pick up the bag and go that route than the straight connect to be honest - Heathrow is slow either way!
Never ceases to amaze me how screwed up these airlines are for heavens sake, I am spending money on their airline and they are going to screw me because I am connecting from a non-OW flight - surely there are laws against this unscrupulous practice? In any event, prior to the UA-merger both UA and BA flights were under the same PNR, but then came the dreaded switch to the mother-of-all screw-ups SHARES and the non-UA (BA) flights disappeared from the intinerary!

Something tells me that this is going to be an eventful experience...