FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Wembley {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:25 pm
raikje

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Inadvertently ended up here on opening night, so a quick write up.

Hotel is located directly between Wembley Arena and the Stadium. It's all very swish and modern looking, lots of staff hovering around (though probably because it's opening night). Haven't had a good explore, but a few impressions for you:

Upgraded to an exec room as Gold. Room is nice enough and obviously modern, some photos below (excuse the poor quality camera phone shots, I don't have any of my good cameras with me). Decent size bathroom, but just a shower over the bath. No water in the room, other than the £3.95 bottle for my convenience(!), which I thought was surprising for an Exec room.

[Edit: it seems Photobucket have recompressed the photos and they have suffered very badly - I'll try and tidy them up a bit when I get a chance!]

Front entrance

Exec room

View from room

Bathroom

Desk/TV area

A few shots of the exec lounge

Exec lounge is a decent size, mix of sofas and proper tables. Arrived towards the end of drinks/canapes (7pm-9pm). Usual fare - drinks were a small selection of spirits, beer, red and white wine. Couple of small hot food options (chicken satay, spring rolls) and a reasonable array of crudites, cheese, etc. Lounge is the on the 9th (top) floor, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking Wembley Stadium. At the other end of the floor, with a glass wall to the lounge, is the outside terrace area of "Sky Bar 9". However, this is only available for private functions, not to guests or the public. It was hosting an opening party this evening. Not sure if lounge guests will be able to get out there if there isn't a function on.

Sorry 365RoadWarrior, haven't been down to check out the gym/pool yet.

A few early snags - wifi doesn't work (well, BT Openzone works, but the authentication link between the hotel guest database and the wifi didn't - "Please check you have entered your last name / room number correctly"). Power sockets on the desk didn't work. Need your key to get to the rooms on the Exec floor (8th), but there are two sets of floor buttons in the lift. One set have a card reader and a sign. The other set have nothing - you just press the button, then as soon as you look away the light goes off again and the lift doesn't go to your floor...

Definitely the nicest hotel in the Wembley area, and quite an improvement on the Wembley Plaza (though with a consequent increase in price too).

Last edited by raikje; Jul 17, 2012 at 4:31 pm