Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Wembley {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Arrow Hilton London Wembley {GBR}

I thought I'd start a new thread for this hotel that's due to open on 17 July 2012:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/uni...WHI/index.html

I've booked a night here on Saturday 21st July - £85 (inc. taxes) for a King Guest room using the Great Getaway rate.

Will report back after my stay!

Chris

Last edited by evapor8; Jul 15, 2012 at 7:42 am
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by evapor8
I thought I'd start a new thread for this hotel that's due to open on 17 July 2012:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/uni...WHI/index.html

Ive booked a night here on Saturday 21st July - £85 (inc. taxes) for a King Guest room using the Great Getaway rate.

Will report back after my stay!

Chris
Looking forward to your report: I'm booked in early August. Let me know about the fitness center, if you see it. Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Inadvertently ended up here on opening night, so a quick write up.

Hotel is located directly between Wembley Arena and the Stadium. It's all very swish and modern looking, lots of staff hovering around (though probably because it's opening night). Haven't had a good explore, but a few impressions for you:

Upgraded to an exec room as Gold. Room is nice enough and obviously modern, some photos below (excuse the poor quality camera phone shots, I don't have any of my good cameras with me). Decent size bathroom, but just a shower over the bath. No water in the room, other than the £3.95 bottle for my convenience(!), which I thought was surprising for an Exec room.

[Edit: it seems Photobucket have recompressed the photos and they have suffered very badly - I'll try and tidy them up a bit when I get a chance!]

Front entrance

Exec room

View from room

Bathroom

Desk/TV area

A few shots of the exec lounge

Exec lounge is a decent size, mix of sofas and proper tables. Arrived towards the end of drinks/canapes (7pm-9pm). Usual fare - drinks were a small selection of spirits, beer, red and white wine. Couple of small hot food options (chicken satay, spring rolls) and a reasonable array of crudites, cheese, etc. Lounge is the on the 9th (top) floor, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking Wembley Stadium. At the other end of the floor, with a glass wall to the lounge, is the outside terrace area of "Sky Bar 9". However, this is only available for private functions, not to guests or the public. It was hosting an opening party this evening. Not sure if lounge guests will be able to get out there if there isn't a function on.

Sorry 365RoadWarrior, haven't been down to check out the gym/pool yet.

A few early snags - wifi doesn't work (well, BT Openzone works, but the authentication link between the hotel guest database and the wifi didn't - "Please check you have entered your last name / room number correctly"). Power sockets on the desk didn't work. Need your key to get to the rooms on the Exec floor (8th), but there are two sets of floor buttons in the lift. One set have a card reader and a sign. The other set have nothing - you just press the button, then as soon as you look away the light goes off again and the lift doesn't go to your floor...

Definitely the nicest hotel in the Wembley area, and quite an improvement on the Wembley Plaza (though with a consequent increase in price too).

Last edited by raikje; Jul 17, 2012 at 4:31 pm
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:17 pm

Thanks, raikje! Nice review and pictures. I'm feeling better about my decision.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Thank you for the report and pics raikje.

Let's hope they have worked on some of the teething problems before Saturday!

Chris
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

I'm in the exec lounge as I type this message.

First impressions are fantastic as I love brand new hotels. Some front desk staff are still being shown the systems, but check in was smooth and I was acknowledged as a Diamond, told about my free breakfast, told where the lounge was.

I just took my key card to head to my room when .... The fire alarms sounded and everyone was evacuated!

5 minutes or so later (false alarm!) we were back in and I headed to room 601 on the 6th floor. I was upgraded from an ordinary king guest room to a corner suite with a view of the stadium. A pic of the lounge bit is below:

Sofa is to the left of the pic, desk to the right. Through the door you can see the bathroom to the right, and the bedroom is to the left. Lovely decor. Bathroom is particularly nice.

Went to take a look at the gym for you. Pics below. Free weights, plenty of machines (looking at over the stadium for motivational purposes!) all shiny and brand new. Swimming pool is small but suitable for (short) laps. Sauna.

Lounge is on the 9th floor as was mentioned. It's very nice indeed. The canapés this evening include samosas, Thai chicken skewers, bread sticks, cheese and crackers. Very civilised. Very empty right now!

Right now ... This has become my new favourite Hilton!

Just a shame I'll not need to regularly stay here, as it's nowhere near any work I'll need to do!

Chris

Edit: wifi authentication via name and room number seems to work ok now.

Last edited by evapor8; Jul 21, 2012 at 3:36 pm
Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:16 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Thanks for the reviews and pics raikje and evapor8 ^

Have been thinking about staying here myself and always find it helps when people do take the time to review the place and post a pic or two.

Looks great, a few teething problems that every hotel will have on opening...
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:55 am

Many thanks for the comments and pics, evapor8! Helpful things like this are what make FlyerTalk great.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC CCR, BAEC Lifetime GGL, Hilton Hhonors Lifetime Diamond
Stayed here this week - outstanding service and recognition as a Diamond guest. I found the Executive Lounge to be of an extremely high standard and run along the lines of a property like the Conrad in Singapore.

Despite being outside of Central London the property is only a short walk from Wembley Park tube station which is only 3 stops from Baker Street on a fast Metropolitan Line train.

Upon arrival I was automatically upgraded to the Executive Floor, offered a choice of Executive Lounge breakfast or complimentary full breakfast in the restaurant. My room was spacious, functional and had a very nice view of the Stadium. It was quiet and well noise proofed. There was a 1 litre bottle of complimentary water as well as some nice "welcome to Wembley" cakes / fruits.

I cannot fault this stay. Any teething problems would seem to have been ironed out. I had a most satisfying and enjoyable dinner in the hotel restaurant - excellent wine list too.

The Executive Lounge has a nice relaxing outdoor area as well as being comfortable and spacious inside. An excellent property, really enjoyed staying here and highly recommend it.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:04 am

I was negligent and failed to provide a review after my stay...two stays...three stays. Yes, I enjoyed it enough that I eventually migrated there, rather than staying in Central London. This despite the fact that it was work and my employer was paying (within some pretty limiting rate limits). Great lounge, staff throughout the hotel, fitness center. Everything was clean and new. And all three stays were without incident.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems like Nor1 hasn't been set up for this hotel because it doesn't show anything for my stay. AFAIK it is a normal rate that I've booked. Any experiences otherwise?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have an email address for this property?

My initial Google searches have been fruitless ...

Thanks,

Chris
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Staying here now - quiet apart from Exec Lounge - staff very attentive - great for a cheap £64 rate - no fizzy stuff in lounge - tray of white chocolate covered strawberries as welcome gift in room - bathroom is huge !!!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 3:41 am
Original Poster

I'm popping back on 5 January. Got a £59 rate thanks to the Friends & Family thank you promo.

Chris
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
This is my new favourite London Hilton. Received excellent treatment from all staff.

Nice suite upgrade. Great selection of bottled beers in executive lounge.

Will be returning ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.