FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United CFO Rainey Implies Certain Elites were "Over Entitled".
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:35 pm
emcsweeney

Programs: Previously 5 year AS Gold 75, UA MM Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by star_world
...Add me to the list of people who has been consistently upgraded on all expected flights since 3/3, never had to wait more than a minute any time I called the 1K line and have had terrific rebooking experiences during the IRROPs I encountered...
I'm right there with you. I'm still getting everything I've been told I would....well, OK, I missed one UG in the last six months.

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
With all due respect, I hope you realize one probable reason for your upgrade success.

Thousands of UA elites abandoned UA and took the status match at AA. Of course, this removes those elites competing for upgrades. Consequently, your being treated "right" by UA is merely a fallout from fewer customers competing for the same seats...
You may be right about this, but there are also thousands more who will be taking their places soon...and will love the new program as they get to know it. I wonder if there's a correlation between the thousands you're refering to and the group of elites the CFO was referring to?

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
...On the other hand, many UA customers are not happy with the new UA management as is obvious from reading this forum.
-
Hopefully they'll be in the next wave of thousands...