FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with Pets on UA (In-Cabin or Cargo -- not ESA) {Archive}
Old Jul 14, 2012, 8:34 am
psyflyer
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by GrandDaddyLongLegs
My wife and I just flew on UA 908 from ORD to AMS. We brought the dogs this time as we were moving. Small dogs (under 12 or 13 lbs I believe was the weight, but I've never actually had them check) that are in a soft carrier that will fit under the seat in front of you are fine. We each flew with one small dog so not an issue. Remember to call before hand to register the dog on the flight with you. There will also be a $125 fee in each direction. The pet also counts as one of your carryo-ns so keep that in mind.

Save yourself a headache and fly E or E+ no matter what anyone tells you. The dogs have to be kept under the seat in front of you and with the new lie flats there isn't an under seat space in first or business. Not all of the customer service agents you'll speak to have caught up on the difference.

You have to have a certificate from your vet no more than 10 days old certifying that they are current with their rabies shot and are healthy to fly. Check with the customs for the country you are entering for what requirements they may have outside of this form. There were a whole slew of them for the Netherlands and they had to be stamped by the USDA as certified so do your homework upfront and save your puppy a trip to quarantine.

Ditto on the long hold times for pet safe. Make sure you say in cabin pet when you call or you will wait for a long time to be redirected.
VERY helpful, thanks.