FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumored changes to jetBlue elite program
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:37 am
grt2106

I can't even imagine how a lounge would work with JetBlue- especially in places like BOS and JFK where they pretty much run the terminal anyhow- and are such a 'classless' airline that the lounge itself wouldn't be so different from the modern terminals anyhow.

Still, at one point I can see that happening- since the cost to operate isn't that incredible and the space has to be there.

As far as the EMS perk. This I have a huge question about- again, in places like JFK where JetBlue operates its own terminal, I can see how an EMS through TSA makes sense because it's one customer paying a premium over another.

In shared terminals though- I don't see how they can get away with this, displacing other customers because some passengers fly, slightly more often, at reduced fares than others. While we know priority screening is kind of a shifty -unenforceable- practice- how are they able to draw the line for this while still selling coach seats?

This isn't 100% jetblue specific, but any airline that offers a chance at priority lanes. Do they pay in to this?