FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi ThankYou points - cancel, downgrade & expiration considerations (2012 - 2023)
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:36 pm
muji

Originally Posted by Happy
N/A means Not Applicable - because those points do not expire, therefore it is Not Applicable when it comes to expiration date. All TYPs are available as long as they are transferred into your account.
Thank you Happy and beltway. The ThankYou terms state "If your participating Sponsor Account is closed, you ...may lose the ThankYou Points that you earned through that Sponsor...If all your Sponsor Accounts are closed, we may close your ThankYou Member Account". My sponsor account is the CITI ThankYou card. I thought that once I close that credit card account (which I plan to do just prior to renewal time next year) I would lose my ThankYou points. (That's why I was planning to use the points in some way before closing my CITI credit card account next year.) It sounds, however, like you are saying I can in fact close my CITI credit card account and my ThankYou points will remain safe in my ThankYou account (i.e., the points will not expire)?
see post 64 here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...t-state-5.html