FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What do you put in your packing cubes?
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:02 am
Ryvyan

I don't like the idea of compression bags, and any sweater/coat that is too big gets on my body, or slung on my arm and onto the plane as either a second/third pillow.

I buy really cheap dust-bags meant for CD/DVDs, because of the zipper (which is crappy, but it's just $1.50) and a side made of clear plastic so I can see what is in it without taking everything out.

Anyway, mine consists of:
- Everyday clothes, so I kind of look at what I have and mix-match accordingly
- Undergarments, socks, scarves, etc., so I know not to leave any drying socks or underwear behind
- Chargers & travel adapter, with space for gifts and souvenirs
- A small one for miscellaneous cosmetics and toiletries that are not in the ziplock bag
- A shoe bag for slippers/ballet flats if needed

I don't separate mine based on time because I tend to bring clothes I can match with other items; makes it less boring. And I agree with the plastic bag idea, even though it can get a bit noisy if you are in a hostel like me trying to sort your clothes out at night, but poo.

Just make sure you put your cubes properly. See picture of my Mei Voyageur from my last trip to Tokyo; it was last minute packing and because the Mei bag is soft... well, just arrange your cubes properly so it looks decent lol.

(removed by poster)
Muffin top.

I did not notice it until I was waiting to board.

Last edited by Ryvyan; Oct 3, 2012 at 11:39 pm