FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confessions of an immigrant: Knowledge of Life in the UK
Old Jul 4, 2012, 4:24 am
stut
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I think that's well put, Aviatrix.

Moderator action isn't supposed to be discussed on-thread, but in this case, it's not so much about that as how this board wants to deal with such threads, so it's worthy of more public discussion. However, I don't want to drag this thread further OT, so please let's take further comments to PM (I can start a more general discussion if need be).

My view is that it's good for BAEC to put general UK threads here, and that a good bit of non-travel discussion works well on this board. So my approach, with a thread like this, is to let it lie for a while. If it takes off, it has found a natural home. If it doesn't, perhaps it'd be more suited somewhere like OMNI/PR or Newsstand.

If you don't agree with this approach, please PM me. And, like I said, if you would like a wider, public discussion on what's included here - it's your forum, let me know (I can equally take up more general issues with senior mods).

But for now... Well, let's see what interest this thread gets here.

stut
UK & Ireland