FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Diamond can't even get a robe at Hiltons?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 12:40 am
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
As someone who is top elite in several hotel chains, there are a certain few things I take for granted. I'll get at least a one level upgrade, free internet, club access (whether it's worth it or not), decent amenities and one thing we don't talk about often, a nice robe or two in the room. I like a robe for when I wake up early and want to sit down and do some work, but its too early to get dressed. Sometimes the room is a bit too cool to sit around nude in.

We all know that Hilton has been dumbing down the Diamond experience lately and have talked endlessly about the lack of suite upgrades. Now I'm at the Hilton CDG and not only did I not get a suite, the room I'm in doesn't even have a robe, nor slippers. This is a first for me in a very long time, at least when staying in top chains. Even Holiday Inn's give their Platinum members an Executive upgrade to a room with robes and slippers. And of course Starwood, Intercontinental, Marriott, etc., all have robes in their Club, Suite or Executive rooms. Has anyone else noticed this at other Hiltons? My next Hilton is the FCO airport hotel so I'll see what I get there.

Oh, and by the way, this room doesn't even have complimentary water bottles, but that's a rant for another time.
I'm in agreement with you, a room stocked with robes and slippers denotes more luxury accommodations, and I'd be similarly disappointed given your set of circumstances. According to the website, the Executive rooms at the CDG HH have robes - so it would seem that not only did your Diamond status not get you a suite upgrade, it didn't even get you upgraded one level to the Executive rooms. I'd be really peeved in your shoes.

Regarding your next stop, there were robes and slippers in the Executive room that I had at the FCO Hilton a few months ago. And according to its website Executive rooms have bathrobes, and the King Executive Room Plus has fluffy bathrobes. So even if you strike out again and fail to get upgraded to a suite, at the very least you'll hopefully have a robe in Rome. (I really can't imagine that a Diamond wouldn't atleast get an Executive room at the FCO HH - for your sake I hope I'm not proved wrong!) Good luck and happy traveling.

Last edited by sk3; Jul 4, 2012 at 12:50 am Reason: grammar and added comentary