FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:24 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yoyo
1) I do not know but 18-24 months is the general observation from experiences. Some were able to reapply after 13 months and get approved. YMMV

2) I think it is type of card, not the type of offer. i.e. as long as they are personal AA cards, the amount/type of offer does not matter. You need to wait for 18-24 months in general.

3) Generally true for personal. I am not too sure about Biz cards. There were reports of denial with old Biz still open and reports where one had more than 3 biz open and still get approved if I remember correctly. So again YMMV

4) Likely you need to wait until 18/24 months after Oct last year. But again YMMV. I would rather not waste a credit pull.
1) why would people insist to know "Why"? Nobody knows why just because this seems to be the most reported data points. That people have greater success to wait at least 18 months to reapply. In fact the very latest fresh data shows that even 19 months was met with a failure, and then 21 months a success.

2) correct. It is specific to AA personal cards.

The past few months data has been, 20+ months work for most people. Of course as you put it, some folks got really lucky and can get another pair in just 13 months. For those who feel lucky, try that. There is no harm done other than a high probability of wasting a pull and got nothing. The choice is individual.

Clarification on 3).

The person who has 3 biz cards confirms that he has 3 different businesses each has its own EIN.

Citi only allows ONE biz card for the same business. If you can convince Citi each business you own, with its unique EIN, yes, you can get a biz card for each of the business.

4) Sound advice.