FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:19 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeanie
I applied for the personal AMEX and Visa using the links on post #1 this past Monday, June 25, and was instantly approved for both. I had applied back in April, 19 months after my previous personal cards had been approved, but was denied for being a previous card holder. So this approval came 21 months since my last approval for the personal cards.

Today, June 28, I received both cards, two welcome letters, and an e-mail confirmation saying that my Visa card had been approved from Citi. While activating the cards, I confirmed the 50k miles after $3,000 in spending during the first 4 months, and a $100 credit after the first AA purchase for both cards.

Thanks!
Thanks for posting fresh data which seems to indicate again that 20 months is more the norm these days for most folks as your April applications after 19 months were denied, but the one after 21 months are approved.

People can decide what they want to do instead of asking again and again and again the very same questions - READ, LEARN and ABSORB what others are so kindly to post their experiences and plan your own path accordingly. There is NO GUARANTEE on exactly what would happen, just an educated guess on the Most Likely Outcome if you do XXX. Plain and Simple.