FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:21 am
crimson12

Originally Posted by yoyo
1) I do not know but 18-24 months is the general observation from experiences. Some were able to reapply after 13 months and get approved. YMMV

2) I think it is type of card, not the type of offer. i.e. as long as they are personal AA cards, the amount/type of offer does not matter. You need to wait for 18-24 months in general.

3) Generally true for personal. I am not too sure about Biz cards. There were reports of denial with old Biz still open and reports where one had more than 3 biz open and still get approved if I remember correctly. So again YMMV

4) Likely you need to wait until 18/24 months after Oct last year. But again YMMV. I would rather not waste a credit pull.
^ +1.

The main thing to keep in mind is that it's the type of card, not the stated bonus, that matters. So if it's a Citi AA Visa card, and you were an unlucky sap who go it with a very low or nonexistent bonus, you can't apply for the Citi AA Visa mega-bonus card the next week. In fact, you theoretically can't apply for any Citi AA card (Visa, MC, Amex), except with the "two browser trick" described ad nauseum.