FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with Pets on UA (In-Cabin or Cargo -- not ESA) {Archive}
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:13 pm
airarchtx

Programs: UA 1K, *G, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by octeckels
I made my first reservation on the new United system yesterday. I very much like the ability to include an in-cabin pet on the reservation, with a confirmation of the pet by name!

However, there were a few issues:
1) the website states that cabin pets are not allowed in the front cabin of a 757. That is a major bummer, since most of our pet travel has been in first class in a domestic 757. Any idea why?
2) in coach on a 757, the website says that the pet needs to be in a window seat. When you try to book in coach, only window seats are available, even for two people traveling with one pet.
3) I ended up booking Airbus flights with upgrade space available. But, I'm not seeing any way of upgrading the flight online. Do I have to call (gulp)?

(for those who wonder why someone would travel with a dog, my husband and I are doing a couple of days of business meetings followed by a week of agility, obedience and hunting competitions at the national dachshund show.)
Pets are allowed in the front cabin of a 757... "If" they are a service dog... Yesterday, i was flying UA755 IAH-PHL and 1A had a pet. I was sitting in 2B and am highly allergic to dogs. Told the FA that I needed to change seats and that I was surprised that a dog was in F of a 757. Red coat came on the plane and told me that it was a "service dog" and there was nothing they could do but relocate me to a different seat. BTW, there is no way this was a "service dog". Thankfully, 5E was willing to switch seats and I was able to take some Benedryl to combat the symptoms. My question is this: why doesn't UA show where animals will be located on the seat maps? I would have selected a seat further away if I would have know. is there anyway to find out this information before you board a flight?