FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:50 pm
SeattleMariner56

Originally Posted by Merice107
I'm new to this game. I know you said that the offer was supposed to expire a few months back but is still working. Based on everyone's best guess, how long do you think this will be around? Have there been other offers like this frequently in that past?
A similar question was asked some time back. Look at the following posts #1233 and #1245. Hope it helps...

Originally Posted by transistorized
Hi, I am mulling between applying for the 100k offer now, or waiting for the 150k offer to come back. Does anyone know if the 150k offer was just a one-time thing? If not, any idea if it might be back anytime soon? Thanks
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It was offered about once, so no, no one can guess intelligently. (Obviously, anyone, including you, can guess randomly, but what use is that?)

By "about once", I mean, it may have gone away temporarily and come back (there's too many offers that did that for me to keep straight which ones they were), but basically there was a period of months during which it was available, and never before, and never yet since. (Similar, except even further back, for the 100+100 before that.)

Gosh, most of us are even wondering if 50+50 will come back (all we know about that's 50+50 right now is expired offers that for now continue to work, but eventually they stop working, so that's why we're looking to see if there's even going to be another non-expired 50+50).

2010/2011 was a very unusual period for offers, probably tied to the very unusual economy. Now that the economy seems to be slowly coming back in the US, who knows what that'll do to offers?

(BA came back with another 100k offer, but jacked the annual fee way up. C1 came back with another 100k = $1000 offer, but changed it so that only a tiny fraction of people could qualify for it, compared to their first one. I don't view these as necessarily hopeful signs for the CC offer party of 2010/2011 continuing...)