FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:47 pm
SeattleMariner56

I received my cards Monday and activated them yesterday. I verified the welcome offer of 50k miles with 3k spend in 4 months and $100 statement credit after first eligible AA purchase on both Visa and Amex.

On Visa they confirmed 1 companion certificate as well while on Amex they declined quoting that it is only for Executive members now. Weird!

I have a question guys. I have quickly scanned this thread and I think one of the easiest ways I found for getting the statement credit is AA gift cards purchased from AA.com. If I do that, could I use these gift cards to pay either a telephone agent booking fee or any other fees/surcharges when I am booking an award travel? Also, do these gift cards have an expiry date?

Originally Posted by SeattleMariner56
A quick data point - I also applied for personal Visa and Amex yesterday using the links from post 1 and was instantly approved for Visa. For Amex had to chat to an agent who asked for my cell phone no. I have not confirmed my bonus yet, would do it at the time of activation.

Also, the link # 2 under Expiration Date of April 30, 2012 is no longer working. I tried it several times over the last couple of days. Looks like it really expired