FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Priority/Security Lanes
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:56 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dcline414
Wow... well then that's easy to scam with a mobile BP since they don't show the date, just a SP banner and the 2D barcode.

Can't imagine they will go much longer without scanners at major cities. I actually think the system in ATL has made things much better, and it prevents anyone who doesn't belong from getting in the lane.
I was in two airports recently where the BP checker was onto that scam I think and they demanded to see the entire BP. I always just snap a pic on it on my iphone so I don't have to wait for the APP to load and they wanted to see the flight date on it. I know one time was at LAS and can't remember where the other airport was. While it's a pain pulling it up in the regular app or finding the paper BP if I also printed it out I am glad to see they are enforcing it, especially in cities like LAS where the lines can be really long at peak times. I wish SFO would start enforcing it.