FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Etiquette with using the priority boarding lane
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:40 am
SEA1K4EVR

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by DougDons
Not sure if there is a right or wrong answer, but I wanted to see what other member's thoughts were on using the priority boarding lane once general boarding has begun.

I fly domestically and will sometimes get to the gate in the middle of general boarding. I've always just got in the general line with whatever Group was boarding and waited. Sometimes while I'm waiting in the general line another elite will go to the Priority line, which has no one in it and cut everyone else.

So I just wanted to see what everyone else thought about using the priority lane during general boarding. I am sure there isn't a right or wrong answer, but I am curious.
The right answer is that you can do whatever you want.. if you're eligible to use the priority lane then it's yours to use at any time during boarding (as long as it's after your boarding group number has been called). I have done it many times when arriving at the gate while boarding is in progress. However if you prefer to get in the regular line and wait you're free to do that as well. You should never feel bad about using the priority lane if you're eligible..it's a benefit of your elite status.