Thread: Skysurfers
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:02 am
eightblack
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jodieh12
Hi all

Can anyone tell me if skysurfers earn and burn at the same rate as my miles. My daughter is 12 so I have to pay adult prices and I would receive about 28,000 miles, will she receive the same?

Second question, I want to upgrade Mel - AKL from business to first, am I right in thinking it's 12,500 for a flex ticket? Also am I right in assuming that I have a pretty good chance of being able to do this because the plane is coming in from Dxb so will probably get rid of some passengers at Mel or are my assumptions way off the mark.

Many thanks

Jo
Jo,

Welcome to FT and the EK forum. First question, yes your daughter is treated exactly the same as far as earning goes.

Second question, I fly the MEL-AKL run every month. You will have absolutely no problems upgrading from J-F, and yes, its 12,500 miles if you are holding a flex fare. It will cost you 16,000 if you're on a Saver. You need "Z" availability.

If you want to let us know the dates, we will be able to tell you exact availability. Or if you want to check yourself, simply go into the Manage Your Booking section on Emirates.com, enter your booking reference and then you should see a tab on the right "upgrade with miles". You can use this to check availability.

Or you can use a site like ExpertFlyer.com - which is the site most of us use.

Good luck...