Skysurfers

Old Jun 18, 12, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Skysurfers

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if skysurfers earn and burn at the same rate as my miles. My daughter is 12 so I have to pay adult prices and I would receive about 28,000 miles, will she receive the same?

Second question, I want to upgrade Mel - AKL from business to first, am I right in thinking it's 12,500 for a flex ticket? Also am I right in assuming that I have a pretty good chance of being able to do this because the plane is coming in from Dxb so will probably get rid of some passengers at Mel or are my assumptions way off the mark.

Many thanks

Jo
Old Jun 18, 12, 3:23 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Skysurfers

I do believe Skysurfers earn at the same rates, at least my kids did on the last flight we went on together.
Old Jun 18, 12, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Jodieh12 View Post
Hi all

Can anyone tell me if skysurfers earn and burn at the same rate as my miles. My daughter is 12 so I have to pay adult prices and I would receive about 28,000 miles, will she receive the same?

Second question, I want to upgrade Mel - AKL from business to first, am I right in thinking it's 12,500 for a flex ticket? Also am I right in assuming that I have a pretty good chance of being able to do this because the plane is coming in from Dxb so will probably get rid of some passengers at Mel or are my assumptions way off the mark.

Many thanks

Jo
Jo,

Welcome to FT and the EK forum. First question, yes your daughter is treated exactly the same as far as earning goes.

Second question, I fly the MEL-AKL run every month. You will have absolutely no problems upgrading from J-F, and yes, its 12,500 miles if you are holding a flex fare. It will cost you 16,000 if you're on a Saver. You need "Z" availability.

If you want to let us know the dates, we will be able to tell you exact availability. Or if you want to check yourself, simply go into the Manage Your Booking section on Emirates.com, enter your booking reference and then you should see a tab on the right "upgrade with miles". You can use this to check availability.

Or you can use a site like ExpertFlyer.com - which is the site most of us use.

Good luck...
Old Jun 18, 12, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks whimike

Thanks eightblack, you have welcomed me several times now as I keep asking lots of really silly questions (silly for you but not for me!). I'm not travelling until next April and going Man - Sin - Mel - AKL - Dxb - Man, so as I have 29,000 miles at the moment I thought once I've booked it I can surprise my daughter and not tell her but upgrade it to first (she's one lucky little lady!) and we can experience first for the first time together!!

More silly questions - can I/we have a shower on such a short leg? Are they the suites with the doors?

Many thanks

Jo
Old Jun 18, 12, 5:15 am

Thanks whimike

Thanks eightblack, you have welcomed me several times now as I keep asking lots of really silly questions (silly for you but not for me!). I'm not travelling until next April and going Man - Sin - Mel - AKL - Dxb - Man, so as I have 29,000 miles at the moment I thought once I've booked it I can surprise my daughter and not tell her but upgrade it to first (she's one lucky little lady!) and we can experience first for the first time together!!

More silly questions - can I/we have a shower on such a short leg? Are they the suites with the doors?

Many thanks

Jo
Jo,

Sorry, should have checked. I'll stop with the "welcomes"
You should be able to shower on this short flight, as you can have one on the BKK-HKG sector. The MEL-AKL flight currently operates a 777 aircraft, but upgauges to an A380 in October this year, so you will have the A380 (or should have) by April 2013.

Remember, the wing crack issue is still well, an issue and could delay/postpone things (or there could be an equipment substitute).

There's also 14 x F seats on the A380, so should be no drama's at all finding an award seat.

Cheers
Old Jun 18, 12, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eightblack View Post
Jo,

Sorry, should have checked. I'll stop with the "welcomes"

Cheers
You can never be welcomed too many times! Yes when i go to do a dummy booking it is showing as an A380 but I'll have one eye on equipment change. Does the 777 have suites?

Thanks

Jo
Old Jun 21, 12, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Well I've finally booked our trip as follows:

Man - Sin A380 J
Sin - Mel 777-300 J
Mel - Akl A380 F
Akl - Dxb A380 Y
Dxb - Man 777-300 Y

Now my questions are what is the best seats (2 people) for Sin - Mel and which is the best suite Mel - Akl?

I'll probably have loads more befor the trip but thanks to all so far.

Many thanks

Jo & Natalie
Old Jun 21, 12, 6:58 am

Well I've finally booked our trip as follows:

Man - Sin A380 J
Sin - Mel 777-300 J
Mel - Akl A380 F
Akl - Dxb A380 Y
Dxb - Man 777-300 Y

Now my questions are what is the best seats (2 people) for Sin - Mel and which is the best suite Mel - Akl?

I'll probably have loads more befor the trip but thanks to all so far.

Many thanks

Jo & Natalie
Jo & Natalie (notice how I didn't welcome you again!)

Between SIN and MEL you want 6A/B or J/K. Problem is you cannot pre-select these as they are controlled by the airport. One of my bug bears with the current system. You will see them blocked off on the seat map.

However, if you send me a PM before the trip with your booking details, I will send a message to the SIN station manager at the airport and see what we can do...(no promises, but I am sure it will work out )

Re MEL-AKL, as you are travelling as a couple, choose the suites in the middle - and I think 2E/F are the best. Or if you want great views as you fly into AKL, choose a window seat. You might need a break from each other by then anyway

Good luck...
Old Jun 21, 12, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Eighblack thank you so much for your help and for your non welcome , I'll try and remember and email you. I have booked 7 J & K as yes 6 J & K were blocked off. I've chosen 1 E & F for Mel - Akl but yes I may change this to a window as we'll have no window seats the rest of the time because she's only 12 I wouldn't want her next to someone we don;t know but I think it will be okay in the suites especially if I'm behind her so I may change this to 1 & 2 K as 1 & 2 A are already blocked out.

Anyone know what seats to choose on A380 in economy on a dreaded 20 hour flight from Akl - Dxb???At the moment we have 50 K & J but would welcome other peoples opinions.

Many thanks

Jo
Old Jun 21, 12, 9:08 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
May help on the economy seat question. Enjoy the experience.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/the-best-sea...es-airbus-a380

Best economy seat on A380

Search this Thread
Search Engine: