FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PC Platinum through 2013 without staying a night in 2012..
Old Jun 17, 2012, 3:19 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Macspreader
But if she never stays at hotels, or only stays at HIX, who cares whether she is Platinum or not ? Still, it does make me wonder about the sensibility of a points based threshold. I would be happy with Platinum being only available on points, at (say) 100 nights.
The difference is that officially Priority Club does not count award nights toward status. But if you earn points, redeem them for rewards nights, and then get rebates on that, you can earn status solely on rewards nights.

Also, HIX is not all-incluisve in the UK (where the OP is and is presumably referreing to) as it is in the US. (I find the HIX brand overseas confusing because of that, it was created to mean all-inclusive, and then when it isn't, what is it???) So perhaps tatus may mean more there. (I think I've gotten free internet scratch cards at HIXs overseas only because of my status, where otherwise I'd have to pay for internet. Internet is free at HIXs only in North America, generally not in Europe and beyond.)