FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TATL Upgrades using Skymiles and SWUs on Air France/KLM
Old Jun 14, 2012, 2:59 pm
NotHamSarnie

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by c_d
If you see something looking the screenshot below, your SWU IS NOT properly coded (despite showing class "O" and "confirmed" on the trip summary). Remember, it is a trap because they even let you select BE seats at this point, although your ticket is actually still ECONOMY!

If you see something in the lines of below, your SWU IS properly coded:

c_d you are an angel.
After a discussion with MSPEconomist about using SWUs on a 2-leg to Asia, I thought I'd check an upcoming itinerary to try to be helpful. I've done this before & not had the improperly coded problem. Lo-and-behold, my upcoming trip to BLR was exactly as you said above: confirmed seats but no PU505 after the Fare Code Basis. A call to the DM line confirmed the SWUs were entered improperly and the ticket was not reissued, though I did get the email with the Affaires seats. So, after molto complications owing to the fact that the SWUs I used have since expired, they're reissuing my ticket as I type. THANKYOU! One saving grace is that at least we get to deal with the nice DL people and not the icky AF people through all this. I smell JWD cert brewing if I get the reissued ticket. Ironically I had given a JWD to the agent who originally ticketed me as it seemed to have gone so unprecedentedly smoothly.