FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Thankyou Premier vs Preferred vs Bank America Travel Reward?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 8:45 pm
jjmiller69

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by roki
No ForEx fees on the Premier if you travel internationally.

The companion ticket is a great feature, in my opinion. I've used mine this year, and my parents used theirs. Each time we saved in excess of $300.

15% off any airfare purchase is nice as well.

If you earn flight points and TY points, it's true you're essentially stuck at 2 points per $1. But, if you redeem your TY points for flights, you get 1.33cpp and, therefore, 2.66% per $1 (if you've earned flight points).
Originally Posted by bilah1
Maximize ty points With the forward card and an att universal card so you get 5 Ty points on select categories. Having the premier card along with these 2 among other Ty cards like the preferred which is giving you 5 Ty points on gas,supermarkets and drugstores for first 12 months. You can get excellent value. I'm not sure why the premier card does not get more love.
Like the above post I've saved over $350 on my companion ticket. Plus Citi has other cards to combine with the Premier card. Both my wife and I have made over 110,000 TYP's by doing this.