FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TATL Upgrades using Skymiles and SWUs on Air France/KLM
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:06 am
jamienbaker

Originally Posted by j.bell
No problem... yes, AF operated, since it was a 15k premium economy-business upgrade. AF reissued it from O (upgrade business) to D (discount business). My primary indicator of any problem had been that it was showing up on AF twice, once for W and once for O. Curious to see what happens on the return... I have a twitter message confirming that the upgrade and res looks fine, so...
Thanks. I'm curious why they opted to re-ticket from O to D. Did you lose seat assignments and were you flying solo? I only ask due my family of four is split into 2 PNRs. In the event they need to re-ticket us and we are temporarily removed from the flight, we could lose our advantageous seat assignments (first upstairs row on the A380).

Lastly, when you say it showed up twice, I assume you mean on the AF site before you went to the airport?

Sorry to obsess, but I don't take chances when it comes to the summer vacation. Heck, I'm the guy that hires a chase car to follow my family to JFK, in case there's an accident