FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidating Miles
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2012, 3:36 pm
srdshelly

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by jarofjam
Greetings all

I am a newbie here on these forums. Over the past year, I have signed up for several credit cards, received bonus miles on various airlines (different world alliances). I checked my total points and it looks like I have a combined total of roughly 375,000 through Delta, United, British Airways, Frontier, Southwest, US Airways and I think a few others.

Now (remember, Im a newbie here). how would I be able to consolidate these miles as much as possible? I understand there is a site called Points.com, but I was looking at their transfer rates and I was rather appalled at the transfer rates. Is there a way to transfer the miles through a reward point system like Hilton or some other 3rd party in which I can redeem as much as possible?

thanks in advance and I am looking forward to hearing answers from the experts.

If this thread needs to be moved to another section... thats cool too

--Laura
Congratulations on a great start! There really doesn't exist what you're looking for, a way to consolidate miles and points across programs without taking a substantial hit in value. That would defeat the underlying purpose of loyalty programs. One thing you can do is hold onto those points that are flexible, like UR and MR, until needed, then transfer them to the program you want to redeem with, in effect consolidating those points. Also, with those airlines that offer one-way options, you can in effect consolidate miles from two programs into one trip by using one redemption outbound and another inbound.