FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why no FC/SkyPriority security lanes at MCO?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 9:27 am
stylo4444

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Pre-Check is a random selection if you are invited into the program. My understanding is that DL has placed all DMs on the list. I've gotten "selected" about 90% of my opportunities. Quite lovely.

As for MCO...I thought they did have a first class / elite line there. But, quite honestly, their security lines are such a mess and so full of tourists that I'm not sure it ever got them or us anywhere. It's one of my least favorite airports to negotiate.
No, there has never been a first class/elite line at MCO and with it being my home airport, I see it a couple times a month at least and keep wondering why they don't at least have SkyPriority security lines.

I have GE, am a GM but have not been selected yet. I've received an e-mail for the TSA-Pre program from Delta, but still have not been selected.

If the reason is because the aviation authority here feels it will have a negative effect on the overall general flying population, that's absurd. There are lots of airports in the U.S. that are tourist destinations and have this. Jackson, MS???? OK look, I'm sure that Jackson, MS is a lovely city and all...but you cannot be telling me that there are a larger number of elite flyers in Jackson, than in Orlando. I could be wrong on that...but I'm pretty sure.

I was surprised to see how Cleveland, being a United "hub" and all, had SkyPriority/FC security lanes...enter the lane, and out by the gate within 5 mins max.

MCO? Nah, stay in the Expert Traveler Lane where I've had the pleasure of spending 30 minutes there behind families with little kids. When asking a TSA agent just walking around why there are kids in this lane I was informed "Sir, if you are an expert traveler you are in the right lane. If that family feels they can be in this lane, then they can be in this lane." Thanks.