FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enforcement of Boarding Order: consolidated thread
Old May 31, 2012, 12:10 pm
Hokies82

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), United (Gold - MM), American (Platinum), National (Executive)
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
5/24 ELP-ABQ #1479. In general, I'm seeing more enforcement of the process these days. I still see is 'gamers' & unknowledgeable persons trying to insert themselves in the gap between the last BS and A16.
Although the order number thing never really bothers me the ease of getting a blue sleeve for no reason does. Two situations,
* I am checking in at the Kiosk at BWI and an elderly lady next to me (Late 60's) tells her friend that since they got a C boarding pass they would request a blue sleeve. They got it and I watched them leave. Low and behold they were on the same flight boarded early with no issues.
* I am sitting at the power station at the gate in CLE and here comes a lady pushing the wheelchair with 3 bags in it, gets to the boarding area and hops in chair to board. When we arrive in Baltimore she hops up an rushes off the plane no wheelchair required.

I am sorry but Blue passes aren't like candy. I wish the CA's and GA's would enforce those rules since there are time that 20+ people board early.