FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crying baby in club world??
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2012, 1:03 pm
Athlete95

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by thomastuyaerts
Hello fellow BA lovers, A quick question.

Is a crying baby in club world that is keeping you out of your sleep for most of a overnight flight between MCO and LGW enough to write to customer care?
It was really on and off and went on for hours. I do not have anything against children at all but myself and my wife found that for the premium we pay to fly club world (both silver) we arrived absolutely shattered.

BTW I know its a bucket and spade route but still.....

Any chance for a compensation?
Happens all too often on these holiday routes in Club... I had a crying toddler (still an infant but looked very close to 2) on a flight back from Punta Cana/Antigua in Club a year ago and it ruined my flight and everyone else's by the sound of it. There were 2 infants on that flight, one that didn't stop crying (the older one) and another who must have been about 6 months old who didn't make a noise.

I think that it can be down to the parents if their child cries the whole flight (unless a small baby, or an unwell baby etc), and obviously at a young age, a parent can't always stop a baby from crying. I am not sure what customer services will say but you could definitely try and write in.