FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enforcement of Boarding Order: consolidated thread
Old May 26, 2012, 11:22 pm
JHIN

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Originally Posted by mritty
On my BWI->ALB flight on Sunday, the Gate Agent had an interesting addition to the standard boarding procedure spiel. On both flights for which I was at his gate, he said "Folks, we here at Southwest have gotten a lot of requests from passengers to line up in numeric order, so that's just what we're going to do. Please line up in numeric order, make a new friend or two, and we can all get on the plane happily."

There was also a passenger who took it upon herself to enforce the numeric order, telling an elderly passenger who had A-20-something (not quite politely) that she needed to move down the line a bit more when she lined up around 10.
On May 13th I took my first SWA flight in oh 10+ years going BWI-ALB. I was concerned about boarding but on his day the gate agent said we could board ALL at once. See there were a whole 6 of us on the plane that holds 130+. Needless to say I had a whole row to myself for 45 minutes of slumber.