FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United CFO Rainey Implies Certain Elites were "Over Entitled".
Old May 24, 2012, 3:15 am
mre5765
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I don't buy that upgrades are THAT much easier on AA. I know I have stated a few times that upgrades are NOT my complaint w UA. When I said this and posted I am now 28/29 on UA A LOT of 1Ks came out of the wood work to say they too, have had little or no problems with upgrades. In a nutshell, most of us are angry about something but we are not all angry about upgrades

The fact AAs SWUs can be used on any fare and UAs require a W fare or above Kind of gets me angry, yet that's the way it's been for years and years w UA and up till now many of us were ok with that.
Logic says that when upgrades are neither automatic nor unlimited, then the Tragedy of the Commons must come in to play. On pmua, every region 1 flight I wanted to upgrade was upgraded, period. In the UDU era, this was not the case, though granted over all I sat in front more often than in the e500 era. In the CPU era it is like being a 1p in the e500 era.

EXPs have to be riding up front more than 1ks. Just because you ride upfront 95 percent of the time does not mean the rest of us do. When we buy inside 72 hours, we are screwed. And even when we buy outside 96 hours, tods to non elites take our seats.

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
63,000 posts and then this?

Please, you are doing a disservice to the FT community and the random few others who may stumble in here.

If YOUR experience is worse than last year, I'll buy that and continue to hope it gets better for you.

But please don't take your experience and try and extrapolate that to the experience of all UA elites.
With the possible exception of companion upgrade issues (I haven't experienced companion upgrades yet this year, and with the mrs now a companion 1k, threads that might discuss companion upgrades are irrelevant to me), everything guwonder listed as decay in delivery of benefits has been discussed at length in many threads since March 3, and I have personally experienced the decay.

I am amazing for example that you question boarding priority is a cluster.