FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United CFO Rainey Implies Certain Elites were "Over Entitled".
Old May 22, 2012, 1:12 pm
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
All this makes me wonder if UA really doesn't have a solid set of numbers on the longer term impact of cutting elite benefits. Without that data they'd likely just squeeze in areas where the costs are greatest. Maybe they're just pushing certain levers here and there and will assess the impact over the longer term. This would fit with UA Insiders reports that some of the upcoming changes might not be implemented for up to a year(!). Maybe UA is simply standing back and watching as we all squirm under the new rules and waiting see what happens. It will take them a while to clearly see long term trends and only then will they consider adjusting. It seems to fit with most of the attitude and actions from the new UA so far.
And in the meantime, how many loyal customers do they lose? I have to wonder just whether they are thinking long term.

Originally Posted by DCEsquire
I'm finding out how this operates right now. IAD-DXB flight and almost 20 open seats in C. Wonder if I will get a TOD offer or it will go to kettle.
PLEASE let me know how this turns out. I'm on the fence on a TPAC, and before I pull the trigger i'd like to know the outcome.

Originally Posted by AeroWesty
The more I read about the circumstances for people moving cumulatively substantial amounts of business away from UA, it makes me think that the current era of the airline will be looked back on as:

"While UA was pulling up the sofa cushions looking for the nickels and dimes (TODs), they overlooked the cash sitting right out in the open on the coffee table."
Couldn't have said it better.

Last edited by halls120; May 22, 2012 at 2:32 pm