FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United CFO Rainey Implies Certain Elites were "Over Entitled".
Old May 22, 2012, 12:06 pm
JBEagle1000G

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus(ick)
Originally Posted by exerda
I don't believe MP was "over-rewarding." @:-)

I think the reason pax are complaining is that many of them have lost appreciable benefits under the new program (loss of bonus RDM for all but 1Ks, loss of E+ advance seating for 2Ps, loss of 4 RPUs for 1Ks, loss of dedicated reservations & CS for 1Ks, loss of MM benefits like RPUs with the only gain being spousal status, etc.).

These are real reductions, be they financially necessary or not. Obviously, people are going to complain about losing things they had previously. That doesn't even begin to start on all the other issues people have experienced unrelated to loss of benefits.

So yes, I can see why people are complaining.
I would add that there seems to be a serious observation of the difference in "what they say" and "what the experiences are."

Essentially, UA is not doing what they are pledging...regardless of if they INTEND to do what they say or not within a year or so from now.
There is the serious sense that they are being disingenuous NOW.
On top of that, we have the nebulous new policies, and most of the staff don't even know what those are part of the time.

IRROPS are up, MX are up (so it feels that way) and the system they have to deal with those is more difficult, less helpful to us and the staff.

Clearly, it is a rudderless ship.
I already saw this movie. The girl miraculously lives floating on a door, the boyfriend dies.