FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United CFO Rainey Implies Certain Elites were "Over Entitled".
Old May 21, 2012, 10:30 pm
JBEagle1000G

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus(ick)
Originally Posted by snic

Well, say you always go to a deli on your way to work to buy lunch. The deli you choose always has free coffee - in fact, that's one reason why you choose that deli and not another one. One day new management comes in and says the free coffee is too expensive, now you have to start buying it. Yeah, maybe there was an "entitlement atmosphere," but in the absence of free coffee, the fact is that you'll stop going out of your way to buy your lunch at that particular deli unless there is some other very compelling reason to do so.

In my little parable, there isn't.
Exactly.
Everyone at BDL is hovering around the $400 ticket mark now. With the playing field leveled on price, and UA pissing off everyone royally, a demented computer system, zero trust in the organization.....I'm trying to think of a reason NOT to go to AA.
Sure it's all Eagle from BDL, but how is that different from the 50%+ UAX I was already doing? AA's computer system works, their staff aren't burnt out, their buy on board items look just as tasty and slightly cheaper.
Maybe when the hurricane quells I'll go back to UA.....or as AA cleans house and strengthens their network while UA's falls, maybe I'll just stay at AA?

Who knows....