FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will My Baggage Be Interlined?
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2012, 7:56 am
backdoc

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
I had read that...

I had read that they would interline for Virgin Atlantic Gold members, but its only for their high value gold members. On a recent trip from LAX to London my (gold member) partners bags were interlined to British Airways to Paris. The next week I flew and at the gate asked to have my bags interlined to Rome and they said, "We can't do that", I asked for a supervisor and he said, "We can't do that", unless its one ticket.

The truth is they CAN do that, but will only do that if you're a high value customer. I'm gold, but didn't have any tier points yet this year. My partner is gold and had 82 tier points so far this year.

Steve

Originally Posted by axpmaluga
Next week I have a trip BOS-LHR-BKK-PVG with BOS-LHR on VS then LHR-BKK-PVG on TG. Will my bags be interlined? Do you have to reclaim and check your bags in the UK like you do in the US on connections? Finally, any chance I'll be able to check in for my TG flights in BOS or will I have to leave security and check in at the desks in LHR? I'm flying in UC/F if that matters. Many thanks.