Will My Baggage Be Interlined?

Old May 19, 2012, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Will My Baggage Be Interlined?

Next week I have a trip BOS-LHR-BKK-PVG with BOS-LHR on VS then LHR-BKK-PVG on TG. Will my bags be interlined? Do you have to reclaim and check your bags in the UK like you do in the US on connections? Finally, any chance I'll be able to check in for my TG flights in BOS or will I have to leave security and check in at the desks in LHR? I'm flying in UC/F if that matters. Many thanks.
Old May 20, 2012, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
If its all on one ticket then yes. If not, no you cannot tag your bags through.

BP - same as above.

As your bags are only tagged to London, you will have to clear immigration, collect your bags and clear customs.. and then exit the arrivals area and check-in through to TG.
Old May 20, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
I had read that...

I had read that they would interline for Virgin Atlantic Gold members, but its only for their high value gold members. On a recent trip from LAX to London my (gold member) partners bags were interlined to British Airways to Paris. The next week I flew and at the gate asked to have my bags interlined to Rome and they said, "We can't do that", I asked for a supervisor and he said, "We can't do that", unless its one ticket.

The truth is they CAN do that, but will only do that if you're a high value customer. I'm gold, but didn't have any tier points yet this year. My partner is gold and had 82 tier points so far this year.

Steve

Originally Posted by axpmaluga
Next week I have a trip BOS-LHR-BKK-PVG with BOS-LHR on VS then LHR-BKK-PVG on TG. Will my bags be interlined? Do you have to reclaim and check your bags in the UK like you do in the US on connections? Finally, any chance I'll be able to check in for my TG flights in BOS or will I have to leave security and check in at the desks in LHR? I'm flying in UC/F if that matters. Many thanks.
Old May 20, 2012, 8:11 am
Original Poster

it is all one on ticket booked with CO/UA miles.

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
If its all on one ticket then yes. If not, no you cannot tag your bags through.

BP - same as above.

As your bags are only tagged to London, you will have to clear immigration, collect your bags and clear customs.. and then exit the arrivals area and check-in through to TG.
Old May 21, 2012, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by axpmaluga
it is all one on ticket booked with CO/UA miles.
Then you're good to go then ! ^
Old May 21, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Since they started putting phones into cameras (yep I said it correctly) I have been snapping shots of any bag tag when there are multiple stops for my routing. This gives me one last chance to check that everything was entered correctly and also if things don't work out as expected I have a record that isn't easily lost.
Old May 22, 2012, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by armattheus
Since they started putting phones into cameras (yep I said it correctly) I have been snapping shots of any bag tag when there are multiple stops for my routing. This gives me one last chance to check that everything was entered correctly and also if things don't work out as expected I have a record that isn't easily lost.
That's what you baggage tag is for ! If its lost , its lost. If its fallen off, having pics of your tags isn't going to do any good especially if the tag is on the floor at JFK and your bag is on its way to JNB and you're in HKG !

Best to get insurance really !
Old May 22, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Tell that to Air France. I was in France. My bag left JFK and went to Vietnam. Seems their system misread the coding but thanks to having the picture they found the bag that was supposed to go to Vietnam that went to Paris taking my bag's place.
But yes bag tags and Insurance are both good things.

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
That's what you baggage tag is for ! If its lost , its lost. If its fallen off, having pics of your tags isn't going to do any good especially if the tag is on the floor at JFK and your bag is on its way to JNB and you're in HKG !

Best to get insurance really !
Old May 27, 2012, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Update: At the Revivals lounge in LHR right now. Baggage was interlined but they could not check me into my TG flights in Boston.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.