FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting through CDG: looking for first timers practical advice
Old May 8, 2012, 11:44 pm
mtkeller

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
I think the odds of getting struck by lightning as opposed to having a seamless connection experience at CDG are pretty much equal. OP, I'd not walk outside during a thunderstorm!

Congrats. your one of the few, the proud, who has experienced what you have.
Seamless is possible if doing 2E-2E. (I have the benefit of living in a non-Schengen country, I guess.) I flew LHR-CDG and had a 65-minute connection to CDG-ORD last week. Got off my flight quickly (seated in 2D), headed straight to the Acces No 1 security line, zipped through, and then walked right on over to where the ORD flight was just starting to board. Didn't get a chance to hit the mediocre lounges, but no big deal. Have two hours at CDG 2E on Thursday, so hopefully I can grab a shower between flying LAX-CDG and continuing CDG-LHR.

That said, I still really dislike CDG if you have to transfer between terminals. The signage is not always intuitive (arrows pointing straight down to indicate "walk straight ahead" always have me wondering if they actually mean "turn around, you dope"), and sometimes you feel certain you're in the wrong location to be transferring between flights. Oh, yeah, and at least one Schengen terminal has a landside lounge