FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpressJet and wheeled carryons
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2012, 11:26 am
mrswirl

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ben237829624
I think the rule for electronic devices is quite clear as the announcement is made every time - all electronic devices with an on/off switch must be switched off during take off and landing, personal electronic devices and the devices that in on airplane mode that do not emit wireless signal can be turned on again after the seat belt sign is off.

Violating FAA Rules is violating rules. Haven't crash is not an excuse for violating rules. Stealing money and didn't get caught does not mean its okay to steal money.
I'm with Kenn - I never turn them off either. Violating a stupid rule just means it's a stupid rule. I also admit that I sometimes speed on the highway - but I don't lose sleep over it.

Back OT - although I can see the logic in forcing people to gate check bags that can't possibly fit, a wheeled backpack can't possibly be any larger than the CREW bags I constantly see stuffed in the RJ bins.

And how exactly can a 'cabin' be overweight when the airplane itself is not? Does not compute.