FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpressJet and wheeled carryons
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:53 pm
Hachiko

Originally Posted by Often1
Always amazed me that people who can afford an air ticket can't operate an on/off switch. "Off" means "off." Airplane mode isn't "off."
I've long since accepted the fact that people who claim to not know how to turn their phones off actually know all too well, and are trying to get away with it.

As far as carry-on policy, it has been updated recently but it's not a "no-wheels" rule. Bags larger than a small backpack/purse/laptop bag/briefcase cannot be brought onboard due to weight issues. Yes, I know we've operated flights for years without issue but they done new calculations and decided that our cabins are overweight and anything that would be considered a "gate check" must be gate checked. It's not about whether or not the bag fits, it still has to be checked.

OP: Many roller backpacks don't fit in our overheads. Have you taken it on the plane before? I find myself having to gate check those types of luggage often as people never want to stow them under their seat, and the unflexible width of the base exceeds the limits for closing a bin.