FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Jerry, Your Trip is Just Around the Corner"
Old Apr 24, 2012, 6:48 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I contacted Southwest about this and here's what they said

I did a Contact Us email recently about this very subject, and today they responded. The subject-specific paragraph was:
we regret that you are disappointed with the time frame that your "Upcoming Trip" e-mail was sent. We acknowledge that southwest.com and its amenities may not meet all of the needs and wants of each person who visits it, and we are truly sorry that this was the case with you. Please know that we have tracked the main points of your e-mail via our monthly summary, which is distributed to our Senior Leadership.
I cannot figure out this response at all. First, they seem to imply that I have an issue with getting an email a month in advance, and other people don't. No, my issue is with getting an email telling me my "trip is around the corner" a month in advance; does anyone else actually like that???

Now, does the last sentence (about some monthly summary) mean that they are going to look into it after all, or what???

This response about my complaint about these emails did not leave me with any better impression of Southwest than these emails themselves, I'm sorry!