FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Reconsideration?
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:48 pm
gotoma

Originally Posted by User Name
I got a reject letter today for the Virgin card. Called 866-458-8805 and they apologized and approved me on the spot. They said I'd been rejected due to a "short credit history" (basically since 2005) - the date I moved from the UK. Far pickier than AMEX, Chase and Citi who have never had a problem in the dozens of applications I've made with them over the last couple of years.
Yep the BoA analysts absolutely would not reconsider my application for the Virgin card. Tried twice. First one said my income was too low. Second one said I could income my scholarship grant as income and my future income since I have job offer upon graduation. But then said I had a short history and they already gave me the max credit limit they could give me (ie $1000). Sad, considering other companies have given me at least $4000 credit line and BoA Cash Rewards is my oldest credit line. I guess its understandable since my credit history is relatively new, less than a year old (not counting authorized account) but with 730 credit score. Surprised since other companies have no qualms with giving me credit (I two Chase and two AMEX).