FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Premier Upgrade (GPU) Questions Thread [Archive]
Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:51 pm
chicoflyer#1

Programs: EXP
Question

Okay, I'm getting ready for my first post 3/3 UA flight!

Flying sCO SMF-IAH-FRA and then with LH to AGP.

I'm was waitlisted (SWU to C) on IAH-FRA for several months. My SWU went off the reservation at 24 hrs as expected as I've been reading FT and an e-mail told me the ug request would be added back once I checked in. However, I'm not able to check online and even after over an hour with the "Premier Line" (no 1K desk anymore I guess and the agent spent most of the time talking to someone else while I was on hold) who finally asked me to check in at the airport and have them add me to the upgrade list. I think they gave up. She said the reason why I could not check in and get myself onto the waitlist may be because I have a connecting flight with LH. That sounds strange.

Is this standard operating procedure? I'm not trying to spike a discussion on shares vs, whatever other system out there, I just trying to understand if this is an exception or something I should expect in the future on these kinds of trips.

Side question: My SMF-IAH ug cleared months ago when I applied the SWU. Today at 24 hrs I got an e-mail saying they were unable to upgrade me to F, while I'm still in F showing on my reservation. Obviously I don't have any boarding passes. Should I be concerned?

Last edited by chicoflyer#1; Apr 18, 2012 at 8:58 pm Reason: Add: Obviously I don't have any boarding passes