FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations
Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:21 pm
eleeut

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
Originally Posted by channa
1Ks don't hold for hours. We hold for 1-2 minutes. It's been that way for a month now.

The only fear I have when calling CO now is that every little transaction takes forever. I had a schedule change the other day, and thought it would be a 5-minute phone call -- move me from this flight to that flight. Nope -- he was willing, but he couldn't see the flight I saw in ExpertFlyer and on united.com. 20 minutes later he's offering me something else, I told him I'd call back in a couple days and maybe SHARES will be updated by then.

Just budget half an hour for this, just in case. You never know when the simplest thing will become a big deal.
i like how channa just refers to UA as CO.... =)

honestly, i think i've called the premier line about 10 times so far post 3/3 and i've been able to get an agent in about 1-2 min at most, and generally within 30 seconds after it "confirms" me as me. resolution of issues are generally quite prompt as well, usually no more than a few minutes in and i'm done. thankfully, i haven't had too many odd things happen to me yet though, unlike many others i see posting here.