Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

One of my SWUs just cleared. (yay!)
I was able to change my seat, but I get the notice: ! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.

I dread the idea of being on hold for hours -- do I really need to call?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
1Ks don't hold for hours. We hold for 1-2 minutes. It's been that way for a month now.

The only fear I have when calling CO now is that every little transaction takes forever. I had a schedule change the other day, and thought it would be a 5-minute phone call -- move me from this flight to that flight. Nope -- he was willing, but he couldn't see the flight I saw in ExpertFlyer and on united.com. 20 minutes later he's offering me something else, I told him I'd call back in a couple days and maybe SHARES will be updated by then.

Just budget half an hour for this, just in case. You never know when the simplest thing will become a big deal.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by chavala
I was able to change my seat, but I get the notice: ! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.

Or just do nothing for a few days as that message is supposed to go away by itself, theoretically.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:41 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by channa
1Ks don't hold for hours. We hold for 1-2 minutes. It's been that way for a month now.

The only fear I have when calling CO now is that every little transaction takes forever. I had a schedule change the other day, and thought it would be a 5-minute phone call -- move me from this flight to that flight. Nope -- he was willing, but he couldn't see the flight I saw in ExpertFlyer and on united.com. 20 minutes later he's offering me something else, I told him I'd call back in a couple days and maybe SHARES will be updated by then.

Just budget half an hour for this, just in case. You never know when the simplest thing will become a big deal.
Channa, I was thinking the same thing until yesterday. Made two calls to the 1K line. First call was on hold for 20 minutes before I hung up thinking I had not been sent to purgatory. Redialed, was on hold for 28 minutes the second time.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I had to call anyway because I found out R is also available on the outbound but it wouldn't show as an upgrade in my res.

They picked up in 1 minute...then put me on hold : )
Thankfully only for a few minutes.
She said "oh, you're right! I wonder why that didn't clear for you?" (as if that's the first time that's ever happened).

Everyone should constantly check waitlisted SWUs. Got NO notification from Expert Flier either, and they do not show R or RN available as of now. Wonder if they just check inventory once a day?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: UAL 1K 1.3MM till 1/31/2015 Bye Smissek, Delta Plat. Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres. Circle
This happened to me on two segments on my current trip. I got the same notification when an upgrade cleared on a segment some time after the upgrade has cleared on another segment on the same leg of the trip. What most likely happened is your reservation is out of synch with both coach and first seats reserved on the flight. If you do not rectify you may be unable to print boarding pass. I called 1K line and agents cleared problem by cancelling coach seat. Total wait time less than 1 minute. Bettere than dealing with premier access scrum at airport.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by chavala

It depends on your risk tolerance. The chances are that this is just some automatic message generated by even routine modifications, such as your upgrade, and that re-issuing the ticket is not at all necessary. But given all the things that can go wrong these days with UA, I'd suggest getting it cleared up by calling Reservations.

My own experience with that message (IIRC it was for the same situation, an SWU upgrade cleared) was that the first time I called the CSR told me not to worry about it since the reservation looked fine. But still a bit concerned and noticing it was still in the record a couple of weeks later, I called again and the CSR cleared it up in about five minutes so that it was no longer in the record (with no need to re-issue the ticket).
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.
This reservation was ticketed and confirmed on Sat., Mar. 31, 2012 at 9:46 a.m. Central Time.

One and only one reservation and so one and only one confirmation number but after five minutes the agent still continued to request I confirm the confirmation number, again. To preserve some level of sanity after 30 minutes on the phone between hold time and confirmation number confirmation time I hung up and called back. The next agent transfered me to "international" to address an "out of sync issues" with the domestic segments of an international flight.

update... On hold, again. Requested a supervisor twice and dropped calls twice. International flight and told by all involved no way to check in with the current reservation.

update... Email confirmation of flights list Sat, 07JUL12 UA53576 IAD-TUL received today with March 31 as the issue date -- but no such flight exists. So four hours later we still have not identified the resolution; or for that matter we still have not identified the problem. I am told again and again "computer glitch" and "thank you very much" and end of call.

Obviously I am just venting, but the flight is to Mumbai and I do hope to depart and return without issue given the undertaking involved with a trip to India.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Apr 14, 2012 at 5:23 pm
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:36 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Once I got to the 1K phone agent, took her 15 seconds to clean up the record for a flight two days later, so I could use OLCI, after a return segment cleared the night before using a RPU.

Getting to the 1K agent was the only time-consuming part. My first call from a phone not recognized by the system was under my new M+ number. Hung up after about 5 minutes and redialed, inputting my PMUA M+ number. The system then read me my "new" number, encouraged me to use it in the future but got me within 1 minute to a legacy UA agent who told me that she could do the record clean-up so quickly as she had had so many of these.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I wonder if UA is keeping track of how much additional call center volume this causes. Of course, instead of viewing it as an indictment of SHARES, they will probably view it as yet another reason to reduce upgrade inventory, since hey, fewer upgrades clearing means fewer instances of SHARES crapping out.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Just happened to me when an RPU tried to clear. Turned out that there was a married segment problem, which agent had to clear. Connected immediately. took about twenty minutes to fix.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE

i like how channa just refers to UA as CO.... =)

honestly, i think i've called the premier line about 10 times so far post 3/3 and i've been able to get an agent in about 1-2 min at most, and generally within 30 seconds after it "confirms" me as me. resolution of issues are generally quite prompt as well, usually no more than a few minutes in and i'm done. thankfully, i haven't had too many odd things happen to me yet though, unlike many others i see posting here.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE

I not only had to stay on the phone for nearly TWO HOURS when dealing with getting my mom and her friend's massively delayed flight changed and assuring that the upgrades were still applied, they then somehow used two more upgrades (1 regional and 1 systemwide for no apparent reason) in addition to the 2 regionals I had used for them. Still don't have those upgrades back after 6 days.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by N1120A
I not only had to stay on the phone for nearly TWO HOURS when dealing with getting my mom and her friend's massively delayed flight changed and assuring that the upgrades were still applied, they then somehow used two more upgrades (1 regional and 1 systemwide for no apparent reason) in addition to the 2 regionals I had used for them. Still don't have those upgrades back after 6 days.

I am guessing you are going to have to call to get the upgrades back. Seems they have not fixed this issues, on the plus side it really only took a couple of minutes and they did post back immediately. I have good luck calling on Sunday mornings, have never waited more than a couple of minutes and I have been actually connected to CS that knew how to fix the issues.

Good luck.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
I called the first few times I saw the message and, of course, it was for upgrades that cleared.

I just had one clear yesterday, saw the message but didn't call and today the message is gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.